Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lizzy and the Riddler: pt. 5

(Picture will be added as soon as possible)

Previously on Lizzy and the Riddler...

"To save your package, you must solve my riddles."

Lizzy is sent on a quest to retrieve her mail,
"That was a pretty good riddle, Liz" smiled the jackrabbit, "but not good enough!"

Having gained an unexpected ally...
"I. DO. NOT. NEED. YOUR. HELP!" Lizzy said, slowly. 
Jack blinked and smiled again.
"Too late," he added.

And his uncle Tyrone,
"WE ARE NOT HAVING FISH FOR BREAKFAST!" Shouted Jack, grabbing the pole in a tug of war.
"WELL WE ARE!" Yelled Tyrone, tugging the pole. " YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK MY 'LUCKY' POLE!"

What could possibly go wrong?

"You are close to the end of our little game. Just one more riddle, then you decided where to go next."

And now back to the story!

Jack and I hurry to the airport to get on flight eight to get back home. 
"Come on!" I yell, "we're going to miss it!"

We turn a corner and hurried down the aisles of chairs. 

"It did not help that your uncle decide to come at the last second!" I comment as we ran up to the line, "you are so lucky I could even get a ticket this late!"
Jack hopped alongside me in a huff.

"How was I suppose to know Tyrone was going to grab his whole bottle cap collection!" He argued.

"Well look who's talking!" yelled a smaller but much older rabbit with a straw hat, "you had like a million sample bottles of hair gel! Jackrabbits don't use hair gel!"
We finally made it onto the plane and the two rabbits were still at it as we sat down.
"Three small eight ounce bottles" Jack corrected, "and at any rate they are at least more productive then bottle caps that will end up in the trash one day soon!"

Tyrone jumped out of his seat.
"Why I . . . should let you know that, that bottle cap collection is older than me! I've been collecting them since I was a young'in."
I had just about enough of their arguing when the stewardess told everyone to take their seat and buckle up. About a half an hour into the flight, Tyrone fell asleep with loud snoring. 

"So what was the riddle again?" Jack asked, "What did you come up with?"

I took out the piece of paper and read: 
"You are close to the end of our little game. Just one more riddle, then you decided where to go next. I take all you give and surrender it under a red flag."

"I realized it was a mailbox" I commented, "and decided to return home."

Jack looked out the window and went silent for a moment.
"What is in the package?" He asked.

If I heard him, I was too busy focused on the riddle that I didn't respond. Who would want to take the package? What did they want? I could easily just buy another one but I was trying to save money. Well the plane tickets didn't help. 

Finally at around 9:00 p.m., we arrived back in New York. I called Mr. Smiley and asked if he wouldn't mind giving us a ride back to Animal Adventures Incorporation since my car was still back there. When we left the building, a guy in a suit and cool shades was holding up a sign for us. We followed him and saw a white limousine outside. 

"Wow I did not expect him to do this." I stammered, "this is a little too much."

 "I wonder what Jack's apartment looks like these days. I bet he still leaves his dirty clothes on the floor." Tyrone grinned. 

"Tyrone!" Jack shushed his uncle as we got inside. 
As the limo zoomed off, I started to think about home. I was glad to be back. I wondered if the package would be in the company mailbox or at my home mailbox. Tyrone looked out the window and made faces at the other cars. Apparently the windows were tinted because no one reacted to his strange expressions. Eventually he fell asleep in the comfy chair but not before making one last comment. 

"What a pretty fountain!" Tyrone exclaimed, before his eye lids fell.

Tyrone apparently got Jack's attention because Jack sat up straight and looked out the window . . . no the door.

"Fountain?" Jack repeated, confused.
He looked at me and then at the driver.

"Hey, we missed the turn!" Jack stated to the driver.

"I know what I'm doing!" The driver barked, "this is a short cut."

Jack looked at me worried. He leaned over to tell me something. I closed my eyes hoping I wouldn't hear what I knew he was going to say. 

"The doors are locked, Liz." Jack added in a whisper, "We're going in the opposite direction. There is no short cuts!"

I looked out the window. State park was 3,000 miles away from the AAI. . . . in the opposite direction. I didn't realize how dark the inside of the limo was until all the lights suddenly turned on. Jack flinched and I muffled a scream at the sudden appearance in front of us. Sitting just ahead of us was a squirrel with a laptop on their lap and an earpiece in their right ear. 

"You're correct, Mr Jackrabbit." The squirrel confirmed our last fear, "You're not going home, not yet."

To Be Continued! 

Written by: Lizzy the Lizard
Photographer: Daniel P. Smithwater
Edited by: Christian Ryan, Joy Hammond and Mr. Smiley

*Advertisement*
We here at Smiley’s News, I have been working night and day to get articles ready. I could really use some help! So we are looking for people interested in writing (especially kids and teens). If you are interested, PLEASE(!) send an email to animaladventures@aol.com and save me from working night and day! I’m exhausted!


Weekly Cartoon


Next Issue: Dino Park - Invader . . . Is It Worth It?

No comments:

Post a Comment