|Thanksgiving centers around food . . . and so does today's article! Read on to learn from Lizzy the Lizard how to bake some yummy Thanksgiving-themed treats!|
Hey there everyone! Lizzy here! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and here's a recipe that will definitely make your mouth water . . . if you like pumpkin pie. It's practically like a smoothie!
- Gather 15-ounce can pumpkin, if you can't get a fresher form of it (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream
Here's what needs to be done to create this treat:
- First pour the canned pumpkin and evaporated milk into a bowl
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight
- Second, combine pumpkin, milk, yogurt, sugar, and spice into a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Then pour into a cup
- Lastly, top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
Wait, don't go yet! This lizard's got another recipe and this is a fun one for kids. TURKEYS!
- Gather 4 tablespoons (½ stick) of butter
- 10-ounce bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- Chocolate sandwich cookies (you can use Oreo cookies if you like)
- Chocolate frosting
- And candy corn.
First . . .:
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in cereal
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- While the mixture is cooling, twist apart the cookies and removing the filling (this is easier if the cookies are warm)
- Now you butter you're hands and shape the gooey cereal into 1 ½ -inch balls
- Next, make the tail by frosting the inside of the cookie half and pressing three candies into the frosting to make a fan shape
- Create the body by frosting the other cookie half and sticking it to the bottom of the Rice Krispie ball
- Add a little frosting below the candy corn and stick the tail onto the body
- Then stick another corn on the front of the Rice Krispie ball to make a head
You can use them to decorate the table and after dinner you can gobble them up! Happy Thanksgiving from Lizzy the Lizard!
Written by: Mr. Smiley
Photographer: Daniel P. Smithwater
Edited by: Christian Ryan, Joy Hammond
We here at Smiley’s News, I have been working night and day to get articles ready. I could really use some help! So we are looking for people interested in writing (especially kids and teens). If you are interested, PLEASE(!) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and save me from working night and day! I’m exhausted!
Next Issue: The Mysteries of Saint Nicholas