Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lizzy and the Riddler pt. 1

In this photo, Jack the Jackrabbit helps Lizzy solve a few riddles. Read more about it below!
I finally received my order for a special delivery. It was officially sealed and as heavy as ever. When I opened it there was a tiny piece of paper. I looked into the empty box perplexed. I spent $75 on a surprise for Mr. Smiley and now it was gone. Where is my package? I opened up the note and this is what it read:
 “To save your package, Lizard, You must solve my riddles. What is clean when it's black but dirty when it's white?”
I sit down at my desk, confused. I couldn't tell Mr. Smiley about this because then it would ruin the surprise, of course.
“Think Lizzy, think” I mutter looking around the office.
I watched as Ted put up a few notes on a clean chalkboard, then hurriedly erased the mistakes as best he could. Oh man, I groan. I just washed that board this morning! I quietly sit up in my seat.
“A Chalkboard!!!!” I exclaim excitedly, “It's clean when it's black and dirty when it's white because when you erase the chalk off it gets all musty!”
I hurry over to the chalkboard and peeled off another note. This is what it says:
“Very good Lizzy, here's the next one. What band does not preform, sing, or act?”
I smile happy to know that my package must be somewhere in the facility because of all these pointless riddles here in the office.
“Hm, what band does not preform...sing...or act?” I mumble as Jack the jackrabbit hops into the room.
“Hi Lizzy, what were you just saying?” he asked.
“Oh hi, Jack....this is a random question but are you good at riddles?” I asked, curious.
“Um yeah, a little,” he admitted. “What's the riddle?”
“What band does not preform, sing, or act?” I repeat.
Jack scratched the back of his head and then his eyes land on something on the table in front of me. He starts to laugh.
“That was a pretty good riddle, Lizzy, but not good enough!” he smiles. “A rubber band! HAHA!”
I look down and see a rubber band holding a rolled up index card right in front of me. I watched as Jack hurried away before I unrolled the note.
“Hey!” I remember, “getting help from others is cheating! Never mind, here's the next riddles: 'What has four eyes but cannot see? And what can run but never walk, has a mouth but never talks. Has a head but never weeps. Has a bed but does never sleeps?'”
I sit down and start to think. This is going to be a long day.

To be continued...

Written by: Lizzy the Lizard
Photographer: Daniel P. Smithwater
Edited by: Christian Ryan and Joy Hammond

*Advertisement*
We here at Smiley’s News, I have been working night and day to get articles ready. I could really use some help! So we are looking for people interested in writing (especially kids and teens). If you are interested, PLEASE(!) send an email to animaladventures@aol.com and save me from working night and day! I’m exhausted!


Weekly Cartoons




Next Issue: Chores Are For Boars

No comments:

Post a Comment