Friday, November 14, 2014

Agent X - Operation Eden pt. 2

(Image will be uploaded as soon as possible)

“I'll tell you what happened, Adam cried. Eve, here, was strolling through the garden when she decided to take the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, which God specifically told us not to eat from!, and she ate it!” Adam cried, in disbelief. “Then she came to me and gave me the fruit and I ate it out of sheer trickery!”

“No! NO!” Eve shrieked. “You've got it all wrong! The serpent! The serpent tempted me and said that I would be like God...That I wouldn't die...that God was keeping things from me...from us!”

“Please, she did it by her own will,” the Serpent replied. “Besides, would you ever give up the chance to eat a fruit that will open your eyes and make you like God?”

Before I could conduct a better interview, I started to hear footprints in the garden. Adam and Eve froze with fear.

“He's here,” Adam whispered.

“Who?” I asked.

Adam and Even quickly hid in some bushes before answering my question.

“Where are you?” asked a Voice, deep and pure.

It almost sounded like it came just behind me. Adam finally reappeared from behind the bush.

“I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked: so I hid.”

“Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?” asked the stern, yet gentle Voice.

Adam glanced at his wife, Eve.

“The woman you put here with me-she gave me the fruit from the tree and I ate it.”

“What is it that you have done?” the Voice asked, calmly.

Eve got out from the bushes and trembled.

“The serpent deceived me and I ate,” she replied.

Suddenly a heavy silence fell over the garden.

“Because you have done this,” the Voice talked to the talking serpent. “Cursed are you above all livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life...To you, woman. I will increase your pains in childbearing...and you're husband will rule over you.”

Adam trembled with fear.

“To you, Adam. Because you have listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'you must not eat of it.' Cursed is the ground because of you...It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the file. By the sweat of you brow, you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”

I find myself outside the entrance of the garden, staring as Adam and Eve were clothed in skin garments and then banished from the garden.

“The man has now become like us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever,” replied the Voice, with a saddened heart.

This is when I saw what looked like a glowing animal or person standing on the east side of the garden. It's flaming sword drawn and guarding the way to the tree of life. Before I could do anything, I heard a distinct beeping coming from my Timer3000:

It's time to go home. You've learned all that you can here. Now will you be able to put it together and believe.- Anonymous

I mutter and then punch in the coordinates for home. It's been at least a week since that strange trip. My mind is still processing the events. I've solved at least ten cases since then. None of them were quite similar to the "Eden" one. That's when I hear the sound. I lunge for my desk drawer. I have an incoming message:

So you thought I was done, so quickly? Not even close. Agent X, I've got another assignment for you. Are you ready to proceed? -Anonymous.

 With a smile, I see coordinates already plugged into the Timer3000.

“Well there's no time like...the Past!” I announce, to no one in particular and then I press the button.



*Note from Agent X. Besides my little side story, the events unfolded are real. If you'd like to separate the truth from this story, look in Genesis 2 &3 in God's Word for the answers you seek.


Written by: Lizzy the Lizard
Photographer: Daniel P. Smithwater
Edited by: Christian Ryan, Joy Hammond & Mr. Smiley


Weekly Cartoon



Next Issue: Rerun Article: Pie in a Glass and Turkeys? Oh MY?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment