Thursday, December 19, 2013

Lizzy the Christmas Singing Lizard

Singing and music have long been a huge part of Christmas! Continue reading to learn what Lizzy's favorite Christmas songs are!
Hey guys today we are going to talk about Christmas music. As you know, I, Lizzy the Lizard, just love to sing! So it's time to show you some of my favorite Christmas songs.
    1. One Small Child
      -This song is one my favorites because I learned it for a Christmas concert and it just sounds so mystical.
    2. Ruldolph the Red-nose Reindeer
      -This song has got to be one of the best. My sister and I used to pray that a blizzard would on Christmas Eve night so Ruldolph would be pulling the sled. :)
    3. O Holy Night
      -I don't know about you, but I always have fun trying to hit those high notes.
    4. Carol of the Bells
      -This song is very interesting the way it keeps the tune throughout the song and it just goes faster and faster.
    5. Savior, Christ the King
      -The lyrics are very touching. My favorite line is, ". . . that war would cease and God will dwell inside every heart of man."
    6. No Eye Had Seen
      -This lovely song tells about the proclamation of Jesus' birth.
    7. Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)
      -The songwriter gives a look into what Mary may have been thinking as she carried baby Jesus in her body.
    8. We Wish You a Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad
      -These are my favorite ending songs, their both so uplifiting.

However, no matter how many times I either sing it or hear it sung, I can't help but wonder . . . what in the world is FIGGY PUDDING?!? Guess I'll have to look it up and tell you guys next time. Maybe I'll even give you the recipe?!? (I'm hoping it has little bug bits in it . . . yummy!) Well, this is Lizzy, I hope you enjoyed this musical section. From all of us here at Smiley's News . . . have a (slightly early) merry Christmas!!!!!

Written by: Lizzy the Lizard
Photographer: Daniel P. Smithwater
Edited by: Christian Ryan, Joy Hammond, Mr. Smiley

*Advertisement*
We here at Smiley’s News, I have been working night and day to get articles ready. I could really use some help! So we are looking for people interested in writing (especially kids and teens). If you are interested, PLEASE(!) send an email to animaladventures@aol.com and save me from working night and day! I’m exhausted!


Weekly Cartoons




Next Issue: The Pitter-Patter of Dino-Paws

No comments:

Post a Comment