Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wrapped Up In Duck Tape!

Guess what this wallet's made of . . . if you guessed duck tape (?) you're right! Wait a minute? I can make a wallet out of duck tape? Read today's story to learn how!
I, Lizzy the Lizard was determined to make something fantastic for my best friend's birthday. I looked around and spotted three rolls of duct tape. All different colors and shapes. Cool, sounds fun right? Well, as I was deciding whether to make a purse or a wallet, So I went on the computer to check some ideas. Turns out that there was a lot of great ideas on how to use duct tape. You could make bracelets or bag. There's so many different duct tapes, I wish I owned them all! After pondering for a long time, I decided to invest my three rolls of duct tape to make a wallet! I anxiously printed out the instruction and hurried to cut the tape which are as follows:
  1.  Cut the tape at a length of 8.5 inches and set it on a flat surface, have the sticky side facing up. I cut the pocka-dotted duct tape and placed it down on a nearby table. It was tricky getting it off my fingers!
  2. Cut another piece of tape the same length. Then set it on top of the other duct tape piece so that their sticky sides touch. Only meet the piece half down and stick it on.
  3. Fold the sticky end of the first tape down and over  the second.
  4. Flip the two strips over and place a third strip sticky side down to cover the sticker remains of the second strip.
  5. Continue flipping and extending the width of your duct tape sheet until it measures 7 inches from top to bottom.
  6. Fold the last sticky edge over the rim and trim it. Make the shape of a rectangle 7 by 8 inches.
  7. Fold the rectangle in half length wise an tape the two sides close to make a pocket.
  8. Fold the wallet in half. That is just instructions for a simple wallet. To get card pockets and stuff look it up on the Internet.
I can't wait to bring my friend this wallet, well signora!

Written by: Lizzy Lizard
Photographer: Daniel P. Smithwater
Edited by: Christian Ryan, Mr. Smiley and Joy Hammond

*Advertisement*

We here at Smiley’s News, I have been working night and day to get articles ready. I could really use some help! So we are looking for people interested in writing (especially kids and teens). If you are interested, PLEASE(!) send an email to animaladventures@aol.com and save me from working night and day! I’m exhausted!


Weekly Cartoons





Next Issue: Liz the Singing Lizard

No comments:

Post a Comment